Nasik isn’t on the list of many travellers, but during monsoons, this city exhibits its beautiful form and the blooming flowers, lush green surroundings and the gushing river are a treat to the eyes. Read more
- Height: 5,400 ft
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Duration: 1/ 1.5 days
- Best Time: Monsoon/Winter
- Base Village: Bari
- Estimated Cost: Rs. 1200 (Depends on the guide)
- Contact No: For Breakfast and Lunch/ For guide
Being a garba crazy child in Gujarat, I used to hum the Gujarati folksongs mentioning the expensive Patolas of Patan. Back then, I hardly cared about what patolas were and why were they so expensive. I hardly cared to even know about it until we planned a road trip to North Gujarat covering Modhera, Patan and Sidhpur. Read more
India is a huge country, and there are tonnes of famous (and fascinating) tourist destinations to visit.
But what if you want to do something different, and see somewhere a little less well known? Especially, for the travellers who wish to stay away from the touristy stuff and crazy crowd, finding the least known places becomes quite a task. There are many jewels hidden in almost every corner of India.
I ’ve put together a few of India’s most underrated destinations to help you make up your mind. Plan your trips now… Read more
Ladakh for a month?
Are you out of your mind? What would you do for a month?
What is there to see for a month?
After hearing this from almost everyone, I was firm to explore the unseen Ladakh with all the more enthusiasm. And I have now ended up planning another visit to this Land of Lamas because a month was certainly not enough to explore the secrets of this fairyland.
Living the life on the road is a dream for many. And when it comes to solo traveling, most of them think it to be insane. But my solo traveling in Ladakh would give you the real picture of what solo traveling actually looks like. Read more
Monsoon and Winter season bring the trekking season in Maharashtra. Kohoj Fort Trek is one of the least famous monsoon trek or winter trek in Sahyadris. The trek is admired for its heart-shaped lake named Pazhar and the verdant vistas of the surrounding valley.
- Height of Kohoj Fort: 3200 ft (980 m)
- Difficulty Level: Medium
- Duration: 1 Day
- Trek Duration: 3-4 hours
- Base Village: Vaghote (Palghar Region)
- Best season to trek: Monsoon/ Winter
- Estimated Cost: 400 – 500 INR (including Public Transport)
- Kohoj Fort Contact: For Group Trekking Arrangements Contact Gautam Vaishnav +91 97621 24690 (Organiser of Budget Trekking – by Trekraw)
India is blessed to be a Peninsula, and even more blessed to have variety of aquatic creatures with whom you can dive and enjoy the under water heaven. Here is the self-researched and experienced diving sites which I found the best in the country. Read on to get the contact details to book your dive at the best site. Read more
- Difficulty level: Moderate/Difficult (Full descend)
- Duration: 2.5 Days
- Trek Duration: 5-7 hours
- Base Village: Samrad
- Best time to trek : November to May
- Contact No: (For breakfast/lunch/dinner/guide) Datta Bhau 08605151641
Plan a trip for your inquisitive mind to the historic city Aurangabad, famous for its vicinity to the famous World Heritage Sites of Ajanta Ellora Caves. This city has a lot to offer to History and Architecture lovers. It is quite hustle free especially during off seasons. It’s a favourite weekend destination for the people of Maharashtra (especially Mumbaikars), Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh. People visiting India from other countries also include it in their exploration list. Read more
The Arthur Lake was formed when Created Wilson Dam was built on Pravara river and it serves as the most beautiful landscape for admiring a beautiful sunset followed by overnight camping and star gazing.
- Difficulty level: Leisure Trip
- Duration: 1.5/2 days
- Best Time: Post Monsoon/Winter/Summer
- Base Village: Bhandadara
- Contact No: To set up tents (Rs. 600 per tent )+ food (Rs. 200 dinner+breakfast+ lunch on request)
- Café Dam Corner: (Sanjay Bhau Bhajji Vala) 09423749953
- Bhandadara Nisarg Paryatan: 07057730214, 09657476571.
- Estimated Cost: Rs. 800-1000